Minor in Political Science

Students may declare a minor in political science by submitting the online Minor Declaration Request Form. Prior to declaring a minor in political science, students should have completed at least one political science course.


A total of 16 political science semester credits is required to complete the minor. At least 8 of these credits must be taken as upper-division electives.

A maximum of 3 internship credits (POL 3080) may apply to the minor. Directed study credits (POL 4970) and fieldwork credits (POL 3070) cannot apply to the minor.

View full requirements