Independent Study

Undergraduates may do independent research under the supervision of a political science faculty member. The students may assist faculty members with their scholarly research projects or they can also propose doing research on a topic that is of special interest to the student.

Independent study credit through POL 4994 may be arranged with any tenured or tenure-track faculty member in the Department of Political Science. Students should contact appropriate faculty members before the start of the term to arrange an independent study project.

Students may register for 1-4 credits through POL 4994 by bringing the completed Student/Faculty Contract Form to our Coordinator of Advising during Drop-In Hours or at an appointment. Only one POL 4994 registration may apply to a student’s major. None of the independent study credits would be applicable to a political science minor.