Resources and Advocacy
While our department is always here to help you with major/minor requirements and opportunities in Political Science, we also know that college is an extremely difficult time for students. Our advising office would like you all to know we are here to help you outside of the classroom as well, and pride ourselves on being student advocates.
- If you’re having difficulty navigating systems or professional relationships on campus; our coordinator Becky Mooney can be a helping hand. If you’d like Becky’s help with an issue feel free to fill out our confidential request for advocacy form.
- Help can also be found at the Conflict Resolution Center on campus.
- Student Advocate Services can also assist in cases of accused misconduct.
- You can always reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org for very pressing issues!
Finding resources on campus can be overwhelming and difficult. To help students in bridging the gap between themselves and resources, our department has put together these sheets.
- Mental Health: Taking care of your body and your mind is pivotal to being a safe and successful student. Here are the best on and off campus resources, as well as resources for BIPOC, LGBTQ+, and veteran students: Mental Health Resources
- Food Insecurity: Food is expensive, and the U of M is a bit of a food desert. Here’s a list of nearby food shelves, food resources, and more! Food Insecurity Resources
- Housing Insecurity: It’s estimated that there are 6 or more homeless students at the University of Minnesota at any given time. Whether you’re struggling to make ends meet or need immediate shelter, this list of resources can help: Housing Resources
- Academics: We want to support your academic success. If you need assistance, feel free to meet with our advising office or check out this list of academic resources: Academic Resources
The lists of resources above do not encompass every student need. Please see our comprehensive spreadsheet of student resources organized by need and community served.
As always feel free to reach out to email@example.com if you need extra assistance or resources!