Events, Programs, & Resources
MLK Graduation Chord
As a student in the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Advising Office you are eligible to receive our program's graduation cord! In order to earn the graduation cord, you must fulfill three (3) of the six (6) requirements.
- Attended Four (4) Speaker Events during your enrollment with MLK.
- Participated in 2 or more MLK or University Career Services events to include: workshops on résumé and cover letter writing, interviewing skills, or attending career fairs.
- Acted as a Peer Mentor, Peer Advisor, Tutor, Undergraduate Teaching Assistant, and Ambassador i.e. Admission/Orientation Leader, FYE Section Leader.
- Attended a conference or retreat on or off campus.
- Conducted a minimum of 20 hours of volunteer, service learning or community engagement on or off campus.
- Conducted an internship, travel study, MLK Immersion Experience, or study abroad during your academic tenure at the University of Minnesota.
Freestyle Fridays create an open space for students of color to make connections, share their
varied experiences, questions, and concerns about social justice issues on campus and in the
Asian and Pacific Islander
The API group has the goal of providing Asian and Pacific Islander groups with a sense of
SHaDE provides a space for those identifying on the LGBTQ+ spectrum to build community and
support one another.
Cafecíto is a space to build a stronger community, strengthen relationships, and discuss
ongoing issues that are affecting Latinx students.
For more information on any of our affinity groups contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org