Cowles Visiting Artists
Since 1987, through the generosity of Sage and John Cowles, University of Minnesota Dance has annually hosted four to six dance professionals of international renown in residencies ranging from one to ten weeks. The guests teach, choreograph new dance work, rehearse repertory, and lecture in the Department of Theatre Arts & Dance, and the Twin Cities community at large.
The Cowles Land Grant Chair connects nationally and internationally recognized artists and scholars with dance students, exposing them to contemporary artistry, masterwork, and new thinking in dance studies. University of Minnesota Dance is unique for its extensive use of renowned professional artists in the education and training of students.
- Leila Awadallah
- Lisa "MonaLisa" Berman & Joseph "MN Joe" Tran
- Vie Boheme
- Brother(hood) Dance! - Orlando Zane Hunter Jr. & Ricarrdo Valentine
- Patricia Brown
- Hiponymous - Renée Copeland & Genevieve Muench
- HIJACK - Kristin Van Loon & Arwen Wilder
- Herb Johnson III, aka JDot Tight Eyez
- Andy Asong-Morfaw
- Pedro Pablo
- E. Gaynell Sherrod
- Darrius Strong