Drop-In Career Counseling
Drop-in help from a Peer Advisor is available three ways:
- In person Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., in 411 Bruininks Hall
- Virtually Monday-Friday, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., at z.umn.edu/clacareerdropins
- Contactless, virtual customized resume and/or cover letter feedback at your convenience via this form
Drop in for help with:
- Questions about our office and services
- Resume/cover letter review
- Job & Internship search help using Handshake
- Career exploration guidance
- Practice with Career Fair and networking introductions (your "elevator pitch")
- And more! Drop-ins are a great place to start for any career question!
How to Access Drop-Ins
No appointment is needed. Fill out a brief intake form and then get connected to a CLA Career Services staff member who will assist you. Drop-ins are typically 10-15 minutes long.
In order to connect the most quickly for virtual drop-ins, please install the Zoom for Meetings Desktop App or the Zoom Mobile App. It is very easy to install! View the installation instructions.
Want to get started now? Key resources:
- Learn about how my major connects with careers.
- Write a better resume.
- Find an internship.
- Get help with career exploration for my graduate degree
- Find a job.
- Learn how CLA's career classes can prepare me for success.
- Get ready to apply to graduate school.
- Meet with someone who can help me out!
Questions, concerns, accommodation needed? Call: 612-626-6574 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.