Dean's Certification

Are you transferring to another institution? Applying to graduate or professional school? You may need a dean's certification, a letter from the Dean stating that you are in good academic standing.

To obtain a dean's certification, you must first fill out an information release form before we can share any information pertaining to your academic record. You can get a copy of the Dean's Certification Release Form from the Office of the Associate Dean in 115 Johnston Hall or by emailing

Once you have completed and filed this form with our office, we will be able to process your request for dean's certification and send it to the necessary institution.

If you have questions about this process, please contact the Office of the Associate Dean by calling (612) 624-8675, stopping by 115 Johnston Hall, or sending an e-mail to