Switching College

Students enrolled in other University of Minnesota-Twin Cities colleges who wish to transfer to a CLA or add a CLA degree, must fill out the appropriate application form:

The Application for Change of College is appropriate for students who wish to no longer pursue the major/degree in their current college.

The Application for Admission to Second Undergraduate Degree Program is appropriate for students who wish to pursue degrees from different colleges simultaneously.

Note: The College of Liberal Arts degree programs include some requirements that your current college may not. Students who plan to earn a CLA degree in addition to their first degree must meet all CLA degree requirements.

For more information changing colleges, go to One Stop's Changing Major or College site.

Earning a CLA Major/Minor (non-CLA students)

It is possible for students outside of the College of Liberal Arts to earn a CLA major or minor without adding the degree. To add a major or minor in CLA, students must file a major/minor form from CLA Student Services, 16 Johnston Hall, for the major/minor to be posted to the student record.

For more information on declaring a major or minor in CLA, contact the appropriate CLA department.  Some major/minor declaration forms are filed online. The department you are working with will let you know how to declare the major or minor. When you meet with a departmental advisor to declare a CLA major, tell the advisor about your current college/major.