CLA undergraduate, CLA non-degree seeking and non-CLA students seeking academic credit for internships should NOT use the CLA Student/Faculty contract form. If you are seeking an internship for credit, search in Schedule Builder for the department designator and the common internship course number 3896. If the department offers an internship course, then you can register for that course. If the department doesn't offer an internship course, then you can register for the one credit "Internship Reflection" course; course number ID 3896.
Before enrolling in the course, you must:
- Find and accept an internship.
- Mike sure the internship will last for a minimum of twelve weeks during the term in which you plan to enroll.
- Make sure the internship is a minimum of ten hours per week, for a total of 120 hours for the term in which you plan to enroll.
You will follow these steps to enroll in ID 3896, "Internship Reflection: Making Meaning of your Experience":
- Submit the internship information through Handshake.
- Wait for your internship site supervisor and the course instructor to approve the internship experience.
- Check your UofM email for the permission number from your course instructor after the internship has been approved.
- Register for the ID 3896 course using the permission number you were provided.
Go to the Career Services, Career Management Courses webpage, and scroll to "ID 3896, Internship Reflection: Making Meaning fo Your Experience" for complete instructions on how to register.
If you have questions about internships, the process, or how to register, contact CLA Internship Coordinator: Char Myers via email email@example.com