Music Therapy Non-Masters Equivalency
Music Admissions Office
The School of Music offers the music therapy equivalency program for those students who completed a music degree with another emphasis, but are now interested in entering this field of study. Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree in music (BA, BMus, or BS) and excellent scholastic record with an overall degree GPA of at least 3.0 from an accredited, approved college/university.
1. Complete the School of Music application by December 1 for fall entrance. The music therapy program does not admit for spring entrance. A complete application includes:
- Online Music Application (Available in September 2018)
- Official copy(s) of all relevant transcripts from all post-secondary institutions*
- Three current letters of recommendation from relevant references. Please use the Recommendation for Admission Form when requesting letters. Recommenders can then submit the completed form along with any additional documents via email to email@example.com or to Music Admissions, Room 200A Ferguson Hall, 2106 4th Street South, Minneapolis, MN 55455.
- $45 Non-Refundable Music Application Fee. The fee must be received before the application materials will be reviewed or interview scheduled. Eligible students may apply for a fee waiver.
*Submit official transcripts to Music Admissions, Room 200A Ferguson Hall, 2106 4th Street South, Minneapolis, MN 55455. Materials are due no later than the application deadline.
2. Applicants will complete an interview on their selected interview date. Pleas bring a completed copy of your responses to the Music Education/Music Therapy Interview Profile to submit to the faculty at the time of your interview.