The School of Music requires an entrance audition for the following programs:
- BMus (performance, music education, music therapy)
- BA with applied emphasis
- Music minor (applied)
- Music PSEO
2021 Auditions & COVID-19
All auditions for the spring and fall 2021 terms will be conducted via video recording. Recorded auditions are to be submitted with the School of Music application by the application deadline.
The guidelines for recorded auditions are as follows:
- Recorded auditions must be submitted in the Portfolio section of the School of Music application by the application deadline. The application will accept links to video-sharing platforms YouTube and Vimeo, as well as direct video file uploads up to 500 MB. Please ensure any video uploaded to YouTube or Vimeo is "unlisted" with the comment feature turned off.
- Follow the audition repertoire requirements for your instrument (below) and direct questions about the audition and repertoire requirements to the faculty of the instrument you wish to study.
- Please use professional quality recording equipment. Personal devices with high-quality sound and video capabilities are also acceptable, so long as the image is steady and the audio is clear without background interruptions.
- Recordings must be made within the past 12 months. No editing of the video is permitted. Each selection must be performed from beginning to end in one take and include both video and audio content.
Audition repertoire requirements by instrument:
**Please direct questions about audition repertoire requirements to the faculty of your instrument area.**