Doctor of Audiology Prerequisites
Prospective students may also find it interesting to view our sample curriculum and handbooks.
Prerequisites for Beginning Graduate Coursework
Preparatory Course Content Areas
|REQUIRED Preparatory Course||Recommended Preparatory Courses|
|Statistics (must include hypothesis testing) - At least 3 credits||Social/Behavioral Sciences|
|Physical Sciences (physics or chemistry)|
Foundations of Practice & Introductory Discipline Courses
- SLHS 3302: Anatomy & Physiology of the Speech & Hearing Mechanisms
- SLHS 3303: Language Acquisition & Science
- SLHS 3304: Phonetics
- SLHS 3305W: Speech Science
- SLHS 3306: Hearing Science
- SLHS 4801: Clinical Methods in Assessing Auditory Function and Disorders
- SLHS 4802: Rehabilitative Audiology
Courses with equivalent content taken at other institutions can be substituted for these courses. In some cases, the content of a course may have been distributed across two courses or more in the student’s undergraduate program. For instance, some programs blend courses such as SLHS 3302 (Anatomy and Physiology of the Speech and Hearing Mechanisms) and SLHS 3305W (Speech Science) into one course. The determination of equivalence rests with the director of graduate studies in consultation with relevant faculty.