Department of Theatre Arts & Dance

  • If it's clear that only part of the department is being discussed, then it's fine to refer to, for example, "the dance program," but if the context is necessary, refer to the dance part of the department as "the University of Minnesota Dance Program."

Latin Honors

  • Latin honors are not italicized

Learning Abroad vs. Study Abroad

  • Preferred terminology for "study abroad" at the University of Minnesota is "learning abroad"

Liberal Arts Engagement Hub

  • Should be referred to as the "Liberal Arts Engagement Hub," "Liberal Arts Engagement Hub in the College of Liberal Arts," or "The Hub"
  • Do not refer to it as "CLA Liberal Arts Engagement Hub" or "CLA Engagement Hub"