Application & Admission
any questions or concerns:
2020 Audition Dates
Minneapolis | January 11 & 12, 2020
New York | January 17 - 19, 2020
Chicago | February 2 - 5, 2020 Los Angeles | February 8 & 9, 2020
- Schedule Your Audition
- Schedule your audition
- Choose your audition location and date
- Pay your audition fee
- Upload your resume and headshot
- Apply to the University of Minnesota
- Apply to the University of Minnesota College of Liberal Arts*: apply online or call 1-800-752-1000
- Students MUST have applied to the University of Minnesota College of Liberal Arts to be considered for the call-back weekend.
- First deadline for University of Minnesota application: November 1, 2019
- Second deadline for University of Minnesota application: January 1, 2020
We will confirm your audition starting in November. You will schedule your audition before you hear back from the University about admission status. Please apply to the University before your audition date.
A $55.00 non-refundable fee will be collected by Acceptd when scheduling your audition and uploading your materials. The fee includes your audition fee and the fee that Acceptd charges for the service. To request an audition fee waiver please fill out this form.
60–70 students will be invited to campus in Minneapolis for call back weekend, held March each year. This is a great opportunity for all of us to get to know each other better through workshops and auditions as we work to build a freshman company. All costs are paid for except for travel to the Twin Cities. Letters will go out by after your audition to let you know your status post-auditions. Invitations to call back weekend will be by phone and email.
The weekend is not mandatory but is strongly encouraged. If you are unable to join us on campus, you will be encouraged to upload a video of your audition pieces before the weekend to share with the faculty who haven't met you. After the weekend, students will be notified of their status. Up to 20 students will be accepted each fall semester.