Application & Admission
any questions or concerns:
2017 Audition Dates:
Minneapolis | January 13-15, 2017
New York | January 20-22, 2017
Chicago | February 5-9, 2017
Los Angeles | February 11-12, 2017
2017 Application Process:
STEP ONE: Schedule
- Schedule your audition: visit the U of MN/Guthrie landing page
- Choose your audition location and date
- Pay your audition fee
- Upload your resume and headshot
STEP TWO: Apply
- Apply to the University of Minnesota College of Liberal Arts*: apply online or call 1-800-752-1000
* Students MUST have applied to the University of Minnesota College of Liberal Arts to be considered for the call-back weekend. Deadline for University of Minnesota application: December 15, 2016
We will confirm your audition starting in November. You will schedule your audition before you hear back from the University about admission status. Please apply to the University before your audition date.
A $55.00 non-refundable fee will be collected by Acceptd when scheduling your audition and uploading your materials. The fee includes your audition fee and the fee that Acceptd charges for the service. To request an audition fee waiver please fill out this form.
60–70 students will be invited to campus in Minneapolis for call back weekend, held on the first weekend in March. This is a great opportunity for all of us to get to know each other better through workshops and auditions as we work to build a freshman company. All costs are paid for except for travel to the Twin Cities. Letters will go out by mid-end February to let you know your status post-auditions. Invitations to call back weekend will be by phone and email.
The weekend is not mandatory but is strongly encouraged. If you are unable to join us on campus, you will be encouraged to upload a video of your audition pieces before the weekend to share with the faculty who haven't met you. After the weekend, students will be notified of their status. Only 20 students will be accepted each fall semester.