Application & Admission
To be considered for our BFA program, you must apply to the University of Minnesota College of Liberal Arts in addition to your Get Acceptd audition application. (You can apply for an audition prior to applying to the College of Liberal Arts. You do not need a final admissions decision prior to your audition.)
Application and Audition Process:
In order to be considered for the BFA Actor Training Program you must complete all of the following steps:
1) Apply to the University of Minnesota College of Liberal Arts.
- Early Action Deadline November 1, 2023
- Early Action II Deadline December 1, 2023
- Regular Deadline January 1, 2024
2) Complete an application on Acceptd, and pay the audition fee.
3) Upload your self-taped video audition, headshot, and resume by the December 20th, 2023 deadline.
What to prepare for your audition:
Please prepare and present two contrasting monologues that reflect different aspects of your abilities and interests as a performer. Your combined pieces should equal no more than 3 minutes total. Please slate your name, city, play title, and role. Your time begins after your slate.
For the two monologues:
-Select from written, produced plays. Please do not choose material from films, television, or original and/or self-written scripts.
-One of your pieces should feature "Heightened text" Examples are Shakespeare, Wole Soyinka, Moliere, Pedro Calderon de la Barca, Ntozake Shange, Oscar Wilde, Sophocles etc. By heightened text, we mean text that has elements, often poetic, that lift it beyond everyday speech.
-You may choose a character of any gender identification.
4) On Acceptd, select a city for In-Person Audition. All students will be seen in person.
- On Campus in Minneapolis January 12-14, 2024
- The NYC Unified Auditions January 27-28, 2024
- The Chicago Unified Auditions February 4-6, 2024
There will be a Virtual Callback.
For guideline and requirement questions, please contact: Deb Pearson email@example.com
For technical questions, please check out our Help Desk for frequently asked questions.