APPLICATION AND AUDITION SUBMISSION WILL OPEN October 12, 2020.
Step 1 - Pre-screen Video
All prospective students are required to complete a pre-screen video audition. You must register with Get Acceptd to begin your application. From there, upload your initial video, headshot and resume and pay the $75.00 audition fee.*
Step 2 - Apply to the UMN
Upon completion of your Get Acceptd application, you must also apply to the University of Minnesota College of Liberal Arts. Apply online here, or call 1-800-752-1000. YOU MUST HAVE COMPLETED YOUR APPLICATION TO THE UNIVERSITY OF MINNESOTA PRIOR TO THE FINAL ADMISSIONS DEADLINE.
THE U of MN EARLY ADMISSIONS DEADLINE NOVEMBER 1, 2020 AND THE STANDARD DEADLINE IS DECEMBER 1, 2020. Applications WILL still be accepted after January 1, though it is possible that students with late applications could be waitlisted by the University.
WHAT TO PREPARE FOR YOUR PRE-SCREEN
We ask that you prepare and present twomonologues. THREE MINUTES TOTAL. Please keep within the time limit!
Your slate is not included in your time. Please state your name, city, title of the play, and the role.
For the two monologues:
- Select from written, produced plays. Please do not choose material from films, television, or original and/or self-written scripts.
- Rehearse them so that the total time does not exceed three minutes.
- At least one should be a portrayal of a character close to you in age, temperament, and emotional experience.
- Choose one from a play written over one hundred years ago. (Examples are Shakespeare, Moliere, Calderon, Ibsen, Shaw, Chekhov, Wilde, Lorca, Hellman, any Greek playwrights, as well as anything outside of the western canon, etc.)
- Choose one from a play written within the last one hundred years.
These videos are due on Friday, December 11, 2020 and all will be viewed by Sunday, January 10, 2021. After that date-you may be asked to prepare additional monologues to submit for review. Call backs will be virtual through the Audition Room on Get Acceptd.
For guideline and requirement questions please contact: email@example.com
For technical questions, please check out our Help Desk for frequently asked questions.