How to Schedule an Appointment
Appointment Scheduling Link: clacareer.appointments.umn.edu
Coach Bios--Meet the Team: z.umn.edu/careerservicesteam
We offer in person, virtual, and phone appointment options. If you aren't seeing the appointment modality that you need or prefer, simply contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we are happy to accommodate your need.
You can view coaches bios and make an appointment based on that information, based on your availability, based on the career field you are interested in, or based on the general career topic you are seeking support with. Some of the most common types of support student makes appointments for are:
Major and Career Exploration
Networking, Informational Interviews, LinkedIn
Graduate School Planning
Personal Statement Help
Questions, concerns, accommodation needed? Call: 612-626-6574 or email email@example.com.
What to Expect During Your Career Coaching Appointment
- Get to know our career coaching team by reading our staff bios.
- Appointments are typically 30 minutes.
- CLA Career Services is committed to providing a comfortable, inclusive, and respectful environment for all members of our community. If there is information that you feel would be helpful for your coach to know prior to your appointment including disability or other accommodation needs, you can share it with them directly or let our front desk staff know.
- During your appointment, your coach will ask you questions to get to know you, understand your needs, and determine how they can assist you.
- Throughout the appointment, feel free to ask your coach any questions you might have. If anything is unclear, just ask for clarification.
- During the appointment, your coach may share a variety of online or printed resources with you.
- At the end of your appointment, you and your coach will identify some next steps for you to work on after the appointment ends.
- If you want to schedule another appointment in the future, you can do so with the coach before you go or via clacareer.appointments.umn.edu
- It is recommended that you review the content in the Career Readiness Guide related to the topic/s you'd like to discuss and use the Career Readiness (CR) Guide worksheet/s to get started: z.umn.edu/careerguides prior to your appointment.
If your appointment is in person ...
- Check in at the front desk of CLA Career Services, 411 Bruininks Hall.
- Please follow the UMN's face covering protocol.
- Please note that the coach's office door may be open to allow air flow in the space.
- Bring your personal technology, such as a phone, tablet, or laptop, if you have one. This is not required.
- If you are not feeling well, please change your appointment modality to online or phone (see instructions below) or reschedule for a different date.
If your appointment is online ...
- Please click the zoom link in your appointment reminder email to join your appointment virtually.
If your appointment is via phone ...
- Please respond to your appointment reminder email in advance and provide your coach with the phone number you'd like them to reach you at.
Changing Your Appointment
If you need to reschedule, change the modality of your appointment, or cancel your appointment you can do so through the online scheduling portal: clacareer.appointments.umn.edu or you can stop by 411 Bruininks Hall, call 612-626-6574, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We ask that you give as much notice as possible to open up the appointment slot for another student. Please note that any student who cancels or does not show up for an appointment three or more times with less than 24 hours notice will be ineligible to make further appointments.
Who We Serve
We work with all degree-seeking undergraduate students enrolled in the College of Liberal Arts. (Graduate Career Services are available through the CLA Graduate Programs office.) We also help recent CLA alumni for up to one year after their graduation.
Beyond students, we work with employers and recruiters (to help students find jobs and explore careers), and with U of M faculty and staff.
During your appointment, if you choose to write or speak about having survived sexualized violence, including rape, sexual assault, dating violence, domestic violence, federal and state education laws require that we must notify the U of M’s Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action office. Learn more about additional reporting, counseling, and support resources.