The senior project is the final requirement for the BA and BS degree in the Department of Geography, Environment, & Society, and it should reflect your best work. Begin planning for your senior project as soon as possible—ideally starting in your junior year—and register for your senior project course one semester prior to graduation. Follow these steps to get started:
- Review the senior project instructions & guidelines for Geography majors
- Honors students should consult their honors advisor for additional honors thesis requirements
- Understand the registration procedure for senior project in Geography
- Develop a senior project timeline
- Schedule a senior project appointment with the geography advisor before you register for your senior project
- Note that you must secure permission from an instructor or faculty member prior to registering for GEOG 3996 or 3997.
Senior Project drop-ins & appointments
You should discuss your senior project with an advisor at least one semester before you plan to register for your senior project. For best results, be prepared to meet with advisors and your senior project supervisor several times while planning your senior project.
Dr. Arun Saldanha, the Director of Undergraduate Studies in GES, can help you identify faculty who share your interests and answer questions about the senior project process. Make sure to read "senior project instructions and guidelines" and "registration procedure for senior project in Geography" (above) prior to meeting with Dr. Saldanha. See the GES advising calendar for his drop-in advising hours or email firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment.
Geography senior project submission database
Submit a formal abstract and your final senior project materials here (5 document maximum).
Additional Senior Project Resources
- Student/Faculty Contract.pdf
- This form is required for registration in GEOG 3996 & 3997.
- CLA Directed Research, Directed Studies, and Independent Study Information Page
- Senior project tracking form—submit this form with the final draft of your thesis to your project supervisor
- Senior thesis submission instructions