Check out some of our Fall 2020 Courses!
Links go to videos of faculty introducing their courses!
If you are interested in requesting major or minor credit for a course taken at the University of Minnesota or at another academic institution, please submit a petition to the online petition database below or come talk with a geography advisor about petitioning the course. Transfer students should learn about how credits transfer to CLA and should investigate Transferology—a free system that helps students coordinate their transfer credits with their degree program.
Non-majors should see their college advisor to initiate an Evaluation of Credit form. The Geography Advisor cannot accept these forms directly from students.
- Request a geography APAS Update (pre-approved classes only)
- Petition a class for Geography major or minor credit
Course Brochures and Planning Tools
Want to peruse at leisure? View our Semester Course brochures:
- Spring 2018 list of classes
- Fall 2017 Course Brochure - schedule of classes
- New GIS Course for Geog major/minor credit: GEOG 5900 Advanced Geovisualization w/ Somayeh Dodge. Pre-reqs: senior or graduate student w/ Geog 3561 or Geog 3511 or FNRM 3131 or instructors permission
- Spring 2017 Course Brochure
BSE majors can also view a list of geography classes for BSE major credit.
- BSE: GES Advising - email@example.com
- GEOG: Sara Braun - firstname.lastname@example.org
- GIS: Susanna McMaster - email@example.com
- URBS: Paula Pentel - firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions about courses offered by other departments (e.g., BIOL, MATH, GLOS, etc.) contact the staff and/or instructor of those departments directly.