The Finnish Connection scholarship provides up to $1,500. The scholarship is awarded on the basis of merit to an undergraduate student in the College of Liberal Arts who is studying Finnish language and culture; some consideration will be given to financial need. Priority is given to students who have not previously received a scholarship from the department.
- Must be a current, full-time undergraduate enrolled in the College of Liberal Arts
- Must have a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Must have completed at least one Finnish language course at the University
- Must have demonstrated financial need
The deadline is usually in spring semester and is announced here and on our undergraduate listserv. The following materials are required:
- Application form.
- A one- to two-page, single-spaced statement detailing
- why you are applying for this scholarship
- what your current academic and career goals are
- how you intend to use the scholarship
- what your financial need is
- A letter of support from a University Finnish instructor