The Finnish Connection scholarship provides up to $1,500. The scholarship is awarded on the basis of merit to an undergraduate student in the College of Liberal Arts who is studying Finnish language and culture; some consideration will be given to financial need. Priority is given to students who have not previously received a scholarship from the department.
- Must be a current, full-time undergraduate enrolled in the College of Liberal Arts
- Must have a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Must have completed at least one Finnish language course at the University
- Must have demonstrated financial need
The deadline is usually in the spring semester and is announced here and on our undergraduate listserv. We will not be able to offer this scholarship for 2021-22, but expect to be able to do so for 2022-23. The following materials are required:
- Application form.
- A one- to two-page, single-spaced statement detailing
- why you are applying for this scholarship
- what your current academic and career goals are
- how you intend to use the scholarship
- what your financial need is
- A letter of support from a university Finnish instructor