Norwegian Studies Scholarship
The Department has a $3000 scholarship for a student of Norwegian. The scholarship is merit based, with some consideration given to financial need.
- Must be a GSD major in Scandinavian & Finnish or a Norwegian minor
- Must have a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Must have completed a 1003 or higher language course in Norwegian
- Must be registered for a minimum of 15 credits during the term of award
The deadline is April 1, 2021. The following materials are required:
- Application form
- A one-page, single-spaced statement discussing your interest in Norwegian and Scandinavian studies, why you are applying for a scholarship and a brief indication of financial need.
- An unofficial transcript as pdf.
- A letter from a GNSD instructor. NOTE: The letter must reach the Department by the application deadline, so you should request it as soon as possible.