The Economics Advising team will guide students through the major or minor declaration process. In order to declare a major or minor, students must successfully complete the preparatory courses. Students currently taking the preparatory courses, may begin the declaration process:
- ECON 1101 - Principles of Microeconomics
- ECON 1102 - Principles of Macroeconomics
- Math 1271 - Calculus I
Students interested in pursuing a BS or BA-Q will also need to complete Math 1272 - Calculus II before declaring the major. However, they may first declare a BA and later switch to a BA-Q or BS once their final grade for MATH 1272 becomes available.
To declare an Economics major or minor, please request access to be added to the module by filling out the form HERE. It typically takes 1-2 business days to be added to the module after completing the form.
- Once you are added to the canvas module you will need to read through the module, take the module quizzes (score 100%), and complete the ECON 3101 access form.
- If all your letter grades for your preparatory courses are available in APAS, your major or minor will be submitted after completing the module. For students with courses still in-progress, the major or minor will be submitted at the end of the semester.
- There are optional welcome sessions students can attend to learn more about the Department and how to get involved.
Please Note: Students cannot take upper-level (3000-4000) Economics courses until they officially declare a major. Minors have to complete the Econ course access form in order to register.