Nonwestern Paper Prize
Application Procedure & Eligibility Requirements
Eligibility is limited to undergraduate history majors with excellent scholastic records, who have taken at least two upper-division classes in non-western history during the preceding calendar year.
In order to be eligible for prize submission, papers must:
- Be completed in the previous Fall, Summer, or Spring Semester (i.e. for the Spring 2021 prize, the paper must be from Fall, Summer, or Spring 2020).
- Be accompanied by an appropriate cover sheet (contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy).
- Be written on a topic on non-western history (includes global history).
- The Non-Western Paper Prize is due the First Monday in March.
- Juliet Paulson (2020-2021)
- “Three Women’s Tales of Gender Transgression and Transformation: An Analysis of Women’s Fiction in Late Imperial China”