Scholarships & Awards
Scholarships and awards are available to psychology students at both the departmental and university levels.
Department of Psychology Scholarships & Awards
For more information about scholarships and awards, please contact Mike Houlahan at email@example.com.
Psychology scholarships and awards are processed through your University of Minnesota student account. These may affect other financial support you have received as a University student. Students should consult with OneStop in anticipation of funds being received.
- Psychology Engagement Awards: These donor awards support undergraduates completing unpaid hands-on volunteer experiences in the local, national, or international community. (Process runs in Fall, Spring, and Summer terms)
- Mortensen Travel Awards & Research Awards: Travel awards are available for students presenting a poster or paper at an undergraduate research conference or professional psychological conference. Research awards may be used for research projects undertaken in collaboration with a psychology faculty or psychology adjunct faculty member. (Open year-round until funds are exhausted)
- Academic and Study Abroad Scholarships: Each year the Department of Psychology awards several academic scholarships and one learning abroad scholarship to psychology majors. (Academic Scholarship application not open at this time. Study Abroad application open in late Spring 2022.)
- Patricia Frazier Overcoming Obstacles Scholarship: Psychology faculty member, Dr. Patricia Frazier, created this fund to help CLA degree-seeking Psychology Majors who have demonstrated persistence and academic success while overcoming a significant life circumstance and may benefit from one-time financial support to stay enrolled and on track for graduation. (Application closes on Friday, June 3rd at 8:00am CST).
- Sharon Borine Capstone Award: This gift acknowledges Psychology undergraduate seniors each Fall and Spring semester whose final submissions for their Capstone course are of the highest quality. (This is an internal Capstone course nomination and selection process.)
- Sharon Borine Top Honors Thesis Award: This gift acknowledges one undergraduate senior each Spring whose final submission for the Honors Thesis is of the highest quality. (Honors Thesis faculty mentors may nominate a student each Spring for the Department selection process.)
CLA and University Scholarships
Find scholarships you qualify for using the Undergraduate Scholarship Search tool. You may also be interested in these scholarship opportunities offered by
- CLA Undergraduate Scholarships & Grants
- CLA Internship Scholarships
- University Honors Program Scholarships