General Office Hours
M, W, Th, F 8:00 AM-4:30 PM
Tu 10:15 AM-4:30 PM
Mike Houlahan, Assoc. Dir. of Undergrad Studies
Mary Simonsen, Senior Psychology Advisor
Korrina Griffith, Psychology Advisor
Gabi Kinney, Peer Advisor
Emame Thompson-Eja, Peer Advisor
Rucha Markale, Student Office Assistant
We assist undergraduate students in self-understanding through the support of their educational, career, and personal development. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns. If you would like to meet with an advisor, please schedule an appointment by clicking the box below:
Advising During Peak Times
Psychology Advising's Peak Times are from October 29th - December 3rd, 2019. During peak times, we often book out at least 2 weeks in advance. New Major Declaration (45 minutes) and Course Planning (30 minutes) appointments are prioritized during this time. If you request a different type of appointment (prospective student appointment, switching from the B.A. to the B.S., career planning only, grad school planning only), you may be asked to schedule for the week of December 3rd or later. We thank you for your patience during this busy time.
Drop-in Academic Advising
Drop-in hours are great for addressing quick (5-10 minute) questions or concerns related to psychology. We do not review student records during Drop-ins; questions related to completing your Psychology Major requirements will be referred to an appointment, or, you may request assistance via e-mail to email@example.com.
Fall 2019 Drop-In Hours (last day: Wednesday, December 11):
Tuesdays 11:00 AM-1:00 PM (Mary)
Wednesdays 11:30 AM-1:30 PM (Mike)
Thursdays 1:00 PM-3:00 PM (Korrina)
*Be sure to check the Psych Scoop weekly for possible changes to drop-in hours.
Curious about what we do in our office? Check out our 2019 Yearly Report with information about communications, events, and more.
We can help you with:
- Declaring a major or minor in psychology: Learn more about our undergraduate majors and minors and how to declare.
- Course planning: Plan your psychology coursework, learn about options, review your progress, and make sure you are on track. Get transfer courses evaluated.
- Making connections: Get tips for making connections with faculty and other professionals in the field. Learn about our psychology student organizations.
- Learning engagement: Earn credit in a psychology research laboratory; gain hands-on experience through internships, paid work in the field, or community engagement; and earn credit toward your major while studying abroad.
- Exploring your future: Explore career options, learn about graduate school, and discover careers available to people with undergraduate degrees in psychology.
- Staying Informed: Stay in the loop about psychology events, scholarships and awards, career services, and campus resources through Psych Scoop.