General Office Hours
M, Tu, Th, F 8:00 AM-4:30 PM
W 8:00 AM-2:30 PM
Mike Houlahan, Assoc. Dir. of Undergrad Studies
Mary Simonsen, Senior Psychology Advisor
Korrina Griffith, Psychology Advisor
Thomas Gisvold, Peer Advisor
Emame Thompson-Eja, Peer Advisor
Rucha Markale, Student Office Assistant
We assist undergraduate students in self-understanding through the support of their educational, career, and personal development. Please email email@example.com with any questions or concerns. If you would like to meet with an advisor, please schedule an appointment by clicking the box below:
Drop-in Academic Advising
Drop-in hours are great for addressing quick (5-10 minute) questions or concerns related to psychology, as well as minor declarations. We do not review student records during Drop-ins; questions related to completing your Psychology Major requirements will be referred to an appointment or you may request assistance via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
During the first 2 weeks of Spring 2019, an advisor will be available for drop-in advising at the following times starting January 22nd:
Monday 8:30 AM-4:00 PM
Tuesday 8:30 AM-4:00 PM
Wednesday 8:30 AM-2:30 PM
Thursday 8:30 AM-4:00 PM
Friday 8:30 AM-4:00 PM
Our regular drop-in advising hours will take effect on Monday, February 4th:
Mondays 12:30 PM-2:30 PM (Mary)
Tuesdays 10:30 AM-12:30 PM (Mike)
Thursdays 1:00 PM-3:00 PM (Korrina)
*Be sure to check the Psych Scoop weekly for possible changes to drop-in hours.
We can help you with:
- Declaring a major or minor in psychology: Learn more about our undergraduate majors and minors and how to declare.
- Course planning: Plan your psychology coursework, learn about options, review your progress, and make sure you are on track. Get transfer courses evaluated.
- Making connections: Get tips for making connections with faculty and other professionals in the field. Learn about our psychology student organizations.
- Learning engagement: Earn credit in a psychology research laboratory; gain hands-on experience through internships, paid work in the field, or community engagement; and earn credit toward your major while studying abroad.
- Exploring your future: Explore career options, learn about graduate school, and discover careers available to people with undergraduate degrees in psychology.
- Staying Informed: Stay in the loop about psychology events, scholarships and awards, career services, and campus resources through Psych Scoop.