General Office Hours
M, W, Th, F 8:00 AM-4:30 PM CST
Tu 10:30 AM-4:30 PM CST
*in-person office closed, expect email replies
during this time
Mike Houlahan, Assoc. Dir. of Undergrad Studies
Mary Simonsen, Senior Psychology Advisor
Korrina Griffith, Psychology Advisor
Rucha Markale, Peer Advisor
Yuyang Zhao, Student Office Assistant
We assist undergraduate students in self-understanding through the support of their educational, career, and personal development. Please email email@example.com with any questions or concerns. If you would like to meet with an advisor, please schedule an appointment by clicking the box below:
Curious about what we do in our office? Check out our 2019 Yearly Report with information about communications, events, and more.
Drop-in Academic Advising
Drop-in hours are great for addressing quick (5-10 minute) questions or concerns related to psychology. We do not review student records during Drop-ins; questions related to completing your Psychology Major requirements will be referred to an appointment, or you may request assistance via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Summer 2021 Drop-In Hours:
**There are no drop-ins during the summer session.**
*Be sure to check the Psych Scoop weekly for possible changes to drop-in hours.
The Psychology Undergraduate Advising Office will be fully virtual through August 2nd, 2021 at the very least. Appointments and drop-ins will be through Zoom. As always, we are available by email at email@example.com. We are not actively answering our phone but we are responding to voicemails.
We can help you with:
- Declaring a major or minor in psychology: Learn more about our undergraduate majors and minors and how to declare.
- Course planning: Plan your psychology coursework, learn about options, review your progress, and make sure you are on track. Get transfer courses evaluated.
- Making connections: Get tips for making connections with faculty and other professionals in the field. Learn about our psychology student organizations.
- Learning engagement: Earn credit in a psychology research laboratory; gain hands-on experience through internships, paid work in the field, or community engagement; and earn credit toward your major while studying abroad.
- Exploring your future: Explore career options, learn about graduate school, and discover careers available to people with undergraduate degrees in psychology.
- Staying informed: Stay in the loop about psychology events, scholarships and awards, career services, and campus resources through Psych Scoop.