Psychology Engagement Awards
June 15th (12pm CST)
September 21st (12pm CST)
Please contact Mike Houlahan
Up to two awards of $500 each will be distributed to qualified applicants each semester. These awards provide financial support to students participating in learning experiences beyond the campus and classroom environments. These experiences enable you to extend your learning into real-world settings.
The highest-ranking applicant during fall and spring semesters will be named the Natalis Award recipient and receive an award of $600. Recipients will be recognized at the Psychology Undergraduate Celebration in May and be invited to an annual luncheon at Natalis Consulting.
Eligible candidates must:
- Be a declared major in psychology at the University of Minnesota Twin Cities.
- Have an engagement experience planned for the award term. Qualifying experiences include:
- Significant short term service experiences.
- Unpaid internships/volunteer experiences in the local, national, or international community.
- Study abroad that incorporates an internship or research experience.
Note: Research laboratory experiences on campus typically do not qualify for this award.
IMPORTANT- Summer 2020: Following University guidelines, in-person experiences cannot by supported with this fund. Qualifying experiences must be remote only.
Demonstrated financial need and special financial circumstances may also be taken into consideration.
How to Apply
Fill out the online Google Form application. Some materials you may need include:
- Description of your experience in a 1-2 page essay that includes:
- an explanation of its relationship to your academic program
- how it is related to psychology
- how your studies in psychology have prepared you for this experience
- how you plan/expect to draw from your knowledge of psychology during the experience
- Financial statement (optional): either documentation of financial aid award or personal statement regarding your financial need.
We only accept these statements in PDF format.
Prior to the distribution of funding, you will be required to provide documentation that confirms your stated plans.
Recipients will be recognized at the Psychology Undergraduate Celebration in May and be invited to an annual luncheon at Natalis Consulting.