Psychology Engagement Awards
Applications Due: June 6, 2019
Notification: June 24, 2019
Applications Due: Sept. 30, 2019
Notification: October 28, 2019
Please contact Mike Houlahan
Up to two awards of $500 each will be distributed to qualified applicants each semester. These awards provide financial support to students participating in learning experiences beyond the campus and classroom environments. These experiences enable you to extend your learning into real world settings.
The highest ranking applicant during fall and spring semesters will be named the Natalis Award recipient and receive an award of $600. Recipients will be recognized at the Psychology Undergraduate Celebration in May and be invited to an annual luncheon at Natalis Consulting.
Eligible candiates must:
- Be a declared major in psychology at the University of Minnesota Twin Cities.
- Have an engagement experience planned for the award term. Qualifying experiences include:
- Significant short term service experiences.
- Unpaid internships/volunteer experiences in the local, national, or international community.
- Study abroad that incorporates an internship or research experience.
Note: Research laboratory experiences on campus typically do not qualify for this award.
Demonstrated financial need and special financial circumstances may also be taken into consideration.
How to Apply
Submit the following materials electronically to Mike Houlahan at email@example.com:
- Application Cover Sheet
- Description of your experience in a 1-2 page essay that includes:
- an explanation of its relationship to your academic program
- how it is related to psychology
- how your studies in psychology have prepared you for this experience
- how you plan/expect to draw from your knowledge of psychology during the experience
- Financial statement (optional): either documentation of financial aid award or personal statement regarding your financial need.
Prior to distribution of funding, you will be required to provide documentation that confirms your stated plans.
Recipients will be recognized at the Psychology Undergraduate Celebration in May and be invited to an annual luncheon at Natalis Consulting.