There are many ways to explore healthcare and pursue opportunities that will support you in excelling as a student in CLA. Exploring your options and gaining experience are both essential parts of what it means to be a Pre-Health student—and of course, to find the right match.
CLA Pre-Health Email
The Pre-Health Student Resource Center shares various ways you can gain experience while also exploring health careers through Pre-Health courses.
Pre-Health Events Google Calendar
The Pre-Health Events Google Calendar is a curated collection of pre-health events happening on-campus, in the community, and beyond. This is a great resource to access health-related events that support career exploration, networking, student engagement, and community building.
Add the Pre-Health Events Calendar to your calendar to get the latest event details!
Pre-Health student organizations are welcome to submit an event to the Pre-Health Events Calendar.
Summer Research Resources
- Association of American and Medical Colleges: This database resource helps students locate enrichment and pipeline programs for undergraduate students.
- EduMed: Scholarships and Online Resources for Healthcare Administration Students
- National Association of Advisors for the Health Professions: The summer opportunities listed include Academic Research, Shadowing, Clinical Research, Basic Science Research, Translational Research, Employment, Academic Enrichment, MCAT Prep, and Others.
- Oak Ridge Institute for Science and Education: This website provides listings of internships, experiential learning opportunities, academic fellowships, and scholarships funded by government and private sector organizations. Use the search options below to narrow your search and view only the opportunities that fit your needs and preferences.
- Pathways To Science: This website provides programs and professional development resources for current and prospective undergraduate students -- research experiences for undergraduates (REU), scholarships, and travel and research opportunities.
CLA Career Readiness Guide
The CLA Career Readiness Guide provides you with the tools you need to prepare for your Pre-Health journey. From ways to gaining experience and how to prepare for graduate school, you’re bound to find something helpful along the way! Access the guide online, or pick up a copy in CLA Career Services or in your CLA Academic Advising office.