University Wind Ensemble
Director: Dr. Emily Threinen
Audition required. The Wind Ensemble is a select ensemble composed of 60 of the University’s finest graduate and undergraduate wind and percussion musicians. Course Number: MUS 3410/5410-001 (Registration takes place AFTER auditions).
- University Wind Ensemble Meeting Times: 1:25-3:20pm M, W, F
Director: Professor Jerry Luckhardt
Audition required. The Symphonic Band is an ensemble of 70 to 80 select wind and percussion players. Although many members are music majors, the ensemble includes a number of undergraduate and graduate students from other disciplines. Course Number: MUS 3410/5410-002 (Registration takes place AFTER auditions).
- Symphonic Band Meeting Times: 1:25-3:20pm Tu, Th; 1:25-2:15pm F
Director: Professor Betsy McCann
- University Band Meeting Times: 7:00-8:40pm M, Th
Directors: Dr. Lance Sample, Shaun Evans, Lauren Visel, David Roush, and Preston Weber
Non-auditioned ensemble. The Campus Bands are open to students of varied majors and disciplines within the University. These ensembles allow all levels of student musicians to enjoy making music with limited rehearsal demands.
Interested in joining a Campus Band? Register for MUS 3400, section 002, 003, or 004. Unsure which Campus Band to join? We recommend selecting the band that works best with your course schedule.
Campus Bands Meeting Times:
- Maroon Band (MUS 3400-002): 7:00-9:00pm M
- North Star Band (MUS 3400-003): 7:00-9:00pm W
- Gold Band (MUS 3400-003): 7:00-9:00pm Th
Connect with us!
- Facebook (Bands)
- Instagram (Bands)
- Facebook (Marching Band)
- Instagram (Marching Band)
- Twitter (Marching Band)
- YouTube (Marching Band)
The following funds provide support to Concert Bands acitivities at the University of Minnesota (Twin Cities):
Regardless of your intended major, there are several ways to become a part of the rich Band tradition at the University of Minnesota.
- Audition for a Concert Band (3 of 6 concert bands do not require an audition)
- Audition for the Marching Band
- Apply to the School of Music (music majors, minors and PSEO students)