Outside Courses & Minors

AA&AS grad students

Graduate students must take courses outside the department (with or without a minor.) Many of our students attend classes in related departments and programs including:

Completing a minor is optional. You might choose a minor to complement your major, pursue a second area of interest, or gain skills related to your chosen career. Unless otherwise noted, most CLA majors are also offered as minors. CLA also offers a number of freestanding minors (minors that do not have corresponding majors). Declare a minor by meeting with an advisor in the department offering it.

Past minors in our department include:

View a complete list of Graduate Minors offered on the Twin Cities Campus.

The department also has strong institutional ties with important research communities across campus such as:

For more information on these interdisciplinary centers, please see the Research & Engagement section of our website.