The art and science of vocal performance in speech and singing is an essential, vital subject of human endeavor. The complete vocal musician is one committed to the pursuit of excellence in the fundamental areas of vocal technique, music theory and history, literature, languages, and drama.
While vocal performance of the highest artistic caliber is our main educational goal, we strive to accomplish this objective by focusing on the holistic nurturing of the individual within the context of a supportive vocal community.
Applied Studio Faculty
- Jean del Santo (Soprano)
- Wendy Zaro-Mullins (Soprano)
- Adriana Zabala (Mezzo-Soprano)
- Jane Giering-De Haan (Coloratura Soprano)
- John De Haan (Tenor)
- Philip Zawisza (Baritone)
- Lara Bolton (Collaborative Pianist and Vocal Coach)
University Opera Theatre
Vocal Music K-12
- University Opera Theatre
- Provides students with the opportunity to be involved in all aspects of fully staged opera productions.
- Choral Ensembles
- University Singers, Men's Chorus, Women's Chorus, and the non-auditioned Campus Singers.