Declare Your Major
Ready to declare?
- Complete the online Major Declaration Module (takes approximately 30-40 minutes to complete)
- Review the Psychology BA or Psychology BS requirements.
- Submit an appointment request form (link provided at the end of the completed module).
- Note: students declaring the Psychology BS will be contacted with instructions to complete the BS Planning Sheet (use this sample BS Planning sheet for guidance) This must be completed and sent to Psychology Advising for your appointment time to be scheduled.
- Honors Students: fill out the Honors BS Planning Sheet
- Attend the 40-minute major declaration appointment with a Psychology advisor. For the appointment, you must bring along a completed copy of the Educational Planning Questionnaire (may be picked up in N108 Elliott Hall prior to your appointment)
What will happen at my major declaration appointment?
At your 40-minute major declaration appointment, we will discuss your Educational Planning Questionnaire, review the requirements and course planning for the Psychology BA or BS (and your BS planning sheet, if applicable), discuss the many opportunities and resources available to you through Psychology Undergraduate Advising, and electronically declare your major.
How often should I come back to meet with advising after I declare?
You are encouraged to make an appointment at least once per year. In addition, when you have completed between 75–90 credits, you are invited to set up a junior/senior check-in appointment. You may also visit our designated drop-in hours for quick questions (5–10 minutes per student).